Find your property with Green St
We work with property owners, buyers and residents to find, nurture, grow and protect investments
Immensely private on a magnificent tree-studded landholding, this picturesque acreage is truly a sanctuary to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life where you can allow yourself to completely unwind.
Named ‘Augusta’ by its owners, professional golfer Jack Newton and his wife Jackie, after the Masters Tournament course in which Jack was runner up in 1980, this magnificent 7.3-acre landholding is currently used for equine pursuits. It comes complete with five paddocks, three stables, and feed and tack sheds, making the property ideal for horse agistment or hobby farming.
The 6-bedroom homestead will steal your heart. Bursting with character and warmth, it’s reminiscent of an English country cottage with raked ceilings and exposed beams complemented by soft muted colours in harmony with the idyllic location. A stunning centrepiece to the formal lounge room is the full-height fireplace handcrafted from pebbles and stones from Ironbark Creek that runs through the edge of the landholding.
Originally built in the 1960s, the home was extended by the Newtons to create extra living accommodation, and a games’ room with a wet bar to house Jack’s collection of memorabilia.
Magnificent views of natural beauty are on show from every window, while hardwood floors take you on a journey through formal lounge and dining rooms, relaxed family living with a country-style kitchen, an executive home office, 1000-bottle wine cellar and five-bedroom, 3-bathroom accommodation.
Perfect for entertaining on a grand scale, the house opens to an alfresco terrace and an 18m swimming pool, which at 9ft deep at one end, is thought to be one of the largest in Newcastle.
A flood-lit half-court tennis court, dam and 4-car carport complete this picture-perfect retreat for all seasons.
Although it delivers a true sense of serenity, this property is positioned just 13km from Newcastle city centre and 7km from Warners Bay on the shores of Lake Macquarie. Medical staff from the nearby John Hunter and Newcastle Private hospitals will never look back from an easy 10-minute commute to work.
• Circa 1960’s single level weatherboard home updated and extended by the current owners who have loved this property for the last 37 years
• Ducted a/c, two fireplaces, gas heating and radiators keep the home seasonally comfortable
• 1000-bottle wine cellar sits below ground level for optimal conditions
• Country style timber kitchen with granite benchtops, Belling dual fuel stove, Miele dishwasher and walk-in pantry
• Family bathroom with shower, spa bath, double vanity and heated towel rail
• Master bedroom with dressing room, built-in robe and ensuite opens to pool
• Games’ room with wet bar, gym and third bathroom
• Fully fenced landholding with partial electric fencing, automatic water feeders
• In catchment for Wallsend South Public and Lambton High schools
• 3.5km from Macquarie College; 2.8km from Steiner School; 7.7km to St Philip’s Christian College; 2km to St Kevin’s Primary
• 2.5km to Cardiff train station
• 4.5km from John Hunter Hospital
Council Rates: Approx. $3,000 p.a.
Water Rates: Approx. $805.74 p.a.
(We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations).